Cross Border Transfers:
The website is not directed at children, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under thirteen (13) years of age unless the collection complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). If we discover that a child under the age of thirteen (13) years has provided us with personal information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete that child’s personal information from our systems.
Information We Collect:
We collect Personal Information:We may collect personal information from you, but only if you provide it voluntarily. Personal information refers to any information that uniquely identifies or can be used to uniquely identify, contact, or locate a specific person. This may mean:
- your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, title, birth date, professional license number, gender, employer or company name and business details, and purchasing data;
- information and documents you provide in connection with transactions processed through our services;
- the name, phone number and email address of another person provided to us by you; and
- information for using online registration and/or payment options or otherwise managing a user account.
We collect demographic information:
- the referring domain name, your internet protocol (IP) addresses, your browser type, referring/exit pages, date/time stamps, device ID, clickstream data, and your operating system type.
- measuring the number of visits, average time spent on the website, pages viewed, and other similar information
Do Not Track Requests.You also have the choice to enable “do not track” settings on your browser. While we constantly strive to match the rapid pace of technological advancement, at this point, our web site does not take any action based on these browser settings.
How We Use Personal Information We Collect:
When you provide us with personal information, we may use that information to:
- comply with legal requirements;
- to perform our services for you and other authorized users and to communicate with you in response to your submissions to us;
- to provide you with information relating to us and our products and/or services, including but not limited to e-newsletters, sweepstakes, promotions, new product and/or services details or offers, marketing materials, and customized advertisements particular to your interests and/or previous experiences with us;
- to process payments relating to purchases you make;
- to better understand your needs and how we can improve our products and services;
Do We Share Your Information With Third Parties?:
Except for where you consent to a disclosure and for disclosed joint marketing arrangements, we do not market, sell or rent personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
We may share personal information and anonymous information for our businesses purposes and as legally permitted. For example, we may share:
- We may disclose personal information for legal compliance purposes, to protect our companies, and in response to legal process, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We may also disclose personal information in response to a law enforcement agency’s request, or where we believe it is necessary to protect the confidentiality and security of our records pertaining to you, to limit our legal liability or to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
To keep you informed about our latest offers, we may notify you of current promotions, specials, and new additions to websites owned by Velvet Elves LLC. You may unsubscribe from our newsletters by following the unsubscribe instructions in any email you receive from us.
When entering any of our sweepstakes, contests or prize drawings, you provide your name, email address, and mailing address and other requested information. If you win, we may contact you at the street address entered and/or your email address.
Our Use of Integrated Accounts and Social Media Information:
We may implement applications or “widgets” from a third party providers (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, etc.) that allow interaction, login, integration or content sharing with third-party services. These widgets or applications may be visible on a page you visit or may require log-in through the third-party provider’s service. If you log into a third party service through our services, you agree to give us permission to access and use your information (e.g., name, profile picture, gender, networks, user ID, and any other information) that you have made accessible on such third-party service. The third-party providing the widget or integration may offer controls for you to manage your interactions. Any interaction with a third-party widget or application typically allows the third party to collect some information about you (whether through cookies, registration information or otherwise). These third parties may even track you when you do not interact with the widget. If you have engaged any of these third-party service providers, their respective privacy policies will govern what their on-line behavior, tracking and collection of information. You should review these third-party policies to understand these practices.
Cookies:We may use “cookies” to keep track of your current session, to evaluate user behavior while visiting the website, to personalize your experience and to so that you may interact with portions of the website that are restricted to you as an authorized user. A cookie is a data file placed on your device when it is used to visit our website. Regular cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools that are available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some but not all instances can be blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Please be aware that if you disable or remove cookies on your device, some parts of our website may not function properly, and that when you revisit our website your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
LSOs – Local Storage Objects:We and our third party service providers may use Flash Local Storage Objects (“Flash LSOs”) in order to store your website preferences, to personalize your visit or to display content based upon what you view on our website. Flash LSOs are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. In addition, you cannot control, delete, or disable the acceptance of Flash LSOs through your browser. For more information on Flash LSOs, to see and manage the Flash LSOs currently on your computer, or to learn how to manage your settings for Flash cookies, go to the Adobe Flash Player Help Page and follow the instructions. These technologies may permit third-party advertising services to track your behavior across the internet in order to serve advertisements to you.
Information Your Disclose Through Our Service:
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you our services. We will retain and use personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Your Choices Regarding Your Personally Identifiable Information:
You have the ability at any time to access your Velvet Elves Account and forum profile and update your name, contact information, email address, and other information that you provide via a login on the website. You should be aware that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons.
How We Protect Your Information:
While we have put in place measures that we deem reasonable to safeguard information that we collect from you, due to the nature of the Internet we cannot guarantee the security of any information on or transmitted over the Internet. As a result, we make no warranty regarding the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
Privacy on Other Web Sites:
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, consolidation, the sale of substantially all of our assets, or any other corporate transfer, exchange or restructuring, whatever form it may take, we may transfer your personal information to one or more successor entities in the transaction(s).
Governing Law and Venue: